VJC Immigration Center | Getting Philippine Visas | Visa Philippines

Tuesday, 31 Mar 2015

Philippine Visas and Work Permits

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Work Marriage Study
Work Marriage to Philippine Citizens Study
Tourism Residence Business
Tourism Residence and Retirement Business and Investment

Foreigners who come to the Philippines will need to obtain some type of visa.  This may be in the form of a temporary or the so-called “tourist” visa, which allows one to stay in the Philippines for a certain period (e.g. 21 days, extendible).  Foreigners seeking to study in the Philippines also need to obtain a Student Visa or a Special Study Permit, depending on whether the duration of the study is short or long term.     

There are numerous types of work-related visas and permits, the applicability of which depend on certain criteria such as duration of work (Special Work Permit), engagement by a particular company in the Philippines (Pre-Arranged Employment Visa), or a subsisting treaty between the Philippines and another country (Treaty Trader Visa), among others.  There are also various types of special visas issued by investment promotion agencies of the Philippine government, such as the Special Visa for Employment Generation (SVEG), the Special Investor’s Resident’s Visa (SIRV), and visas issued through the Board of Investments (BOI), Philippine Export Zone Authority (PEZA), and the Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA), among others.

Immigrant and permanent residence visas are available for certain types of non-Philippine nationals, such as those married to Philippine citizens (13A visa).  Certain non-Philippine nationals may also qualify for the Special Retiree’s Resident Visa (SRRV).  As a general rule, non-Philippine nationals who seek to work in the Philippines also need to obtain an Alien Employment Permit (AEP) from the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).

There are other types of visas and permits under Philippine law, and VJC Immigration Center can assist you in obtaining, extending or renewing any of these.


English Arabic Chinese (Simplified) Chinese (Traditional) Dutch Filipino Finnish French German Greek Hebrew Hindi Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean Malay Norwegian Persian Portuguese Russian Spanish Swedish Thai Vietnamese